When You Don't Want To Paint Your Dining Room Chairs

when you don t want to paint your dining room chairs, dining room ideas, how to, reupholster
I decided to make small chair covers to spice up the space and break up the wood that is all over. I measured the seat backs and made a pattern large enough to easily slip over the back of the chairs. Simply sew the fabric together, wrong sides facing each other, much like you would a pillow case. Even if you don't sew you could fabric glue this project together. Be sure to iron all the seems once right side out for a finished professional look.
Next I glued on a row of glam trim to dress the covers up a bit. This little touch made all the difference. Glue it to the inside of the cover. I only added it to one side to save money and to make it more comfortable when sitting. You don't even know these are on the chairs! That's a bonus to keep little hands off them at dinner time :)
I love how simple yet elegant they look and how easy this fix was. Especially compared to painting the whole dining set!
I love to find easy, inexpensive ways to spruce up my home. Usually it involves garage sale finds or thrift store scores. Like these matching chairs that no longer matched! Head over to see how I made them stylish and fresh (hint..it was cheap and easy!)  There is a prize when you join my e-mail list too...check it out!
when you don t want to paint your dining room chairs
Hunt & Host: Decorating & DIY

• Donna

I am not "dimensionally inclined" and do not understand how you measured the two openings. These are absolutely beautiful, and I want to try to make these for my chairs. Thank you for any advise you can throw my way!

• Lynn

Think of a bed pillow case with the corners trimmed off.

• Jeanne Martin

Love this! I especially love the trim. I've perused many aisles of trim and have never seen anything so delicate as yours. May I ask where you found it?