Carol L
Carol L
  • Moores Hill, IN

Porch With A Purpose

After living here for six years and having nothing on the front porch but two chairs and a flower container, I thought it was time for a change. My husband added the bird bath while I rooted through things that I already had. This is what I came up with. Hope you like it!
Wasn't sure about putting the white table there but it worked out ok.
Bought the amish wagon from Lakeside Collection, Etc. I put several coats of polyurethane on it because at times it rains on the porch.
I love Geraniums and picket fences.  Thought the rabbit would be happy being next to them.
I love Geraniums and picket fences. Thought the rabbit would be happy being next to them.
Have a lot of Cosmos growing next to the porch.
My son Dan gave me this beautiful basket of flowers for Mothers Day.
I found this stand at the Whistle Stop Antiques in Milan, Indiana.  We don't know what it was used for. My first thought was a funeral home. I put a bowl on top and put fruit & a little water for the Butterflies.
I found this stand at the Whistle Stop Antiques in Milan, Indiana. We don't know what it was used for. My first thought was a funeral home. I put a bowl on top and put fruit & a little water for the Butterflies.

• Linda

Wish we had any porch, let alone a covered one. I wouldn't be so limited as to how we could decorate the front of the house. We get too much snow and rain to have it set up like yours is. Just lovely.

• Carol L

Thank you so much Linda. If you have no porch, what about using "garden art" of some kind. A section of picket fence with a wreath put among flowers or close to a bush is one idea. The ideas are endless. Have fun with it! :)

• Susan

It's so charming and welcoming. Nice job!