Kitchen Kelli
Kitchen Kelli
  • Norman, OK

My Chair Repurpose and Upcycle Sickness!

$5.00

I have a Chair Sickness - at least that's what my husband calls it. I see a cool chair, decide how he can re-do it and I buy it - but only if it is $5 or less. I decided to put all my chair repurpose and upcycles here. I will add before and after pictures as we get them completed. Hope you like them!
Before - got this at a yard sale.
Before - got this at a yard sale.
After - made someone a pretty nice camo chair.
Before - These were $1 each at 2 different yard sales.  The silver one's seat is splitting and the red one was scratched and had no legs.
Before - These were $1 each at 2 different yard sales. The silver one's seat is splitting and the red one was scratched and had no legs.
After - We painted the legs black and the red chair turquoise then attached them to each other into one great chair!
Before - This clam shell chair's black paint job was poorly done.  I have $4 for this at a sale.
Before - This clam shell chair's black paint job was poorly done. I have $4 for this at a sale.
After - I love the cherry red!  it looks a thousand times better!
After - I love the cherry red! it looks a thousand times better!

Kitchen Kelli

• Diana

I really need how to do that - take and post pictures. I am so backwards with technical stuff. Maybe next time I see my son he can show me how. I also rescued a beautiful little rocking chair with a cane seat for $6 at a resale shop. A friend helped me sand and paint it a rich maroon color to match a oval rug with little pink flowers on it which is on my bedroom floor. It turned out beautifully. Since losing my husband and having to exist on a tight budget I have been learning how to re-purpose things for little or nothing. When I see what some of you more experienced do here I am so inspired. Thanks for sharing your projects. I love them!

• Kitchen Kelli

@Diana I'm sorry for your loss - I hope your son can show you how soon - then you can share with all of us!!

• Susan

OMG , I have the same sickness! Who knew it could spread.