1952 Cape Cod.

I need some advise on what I can do to improve the looks of my house. I need door, window and landscape suggestions. The house will remain white as I am on a budget. But the roof will be replaced this year and I can change the color of the shutters. I do like the black and white but the door has be puzzled. There is a white wood crown molding trim around the outside of the door.. not the black trim, that is the storm door., not sure if I should paint it white or black and then the door white or black.. or some other color. I really love the awnings on the house.. but some family and some friends think I should have them taken off. Myself, I love the retro look of them. I'm just stuck on some details.

• Melissa W
    Melissa W Middletown, OH

Also.. I will be replacing the storm and entrance door to a new full glass storm and something with a frosted glass window on the entrance.

• Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
      Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos Kansas City, MO

I have a similar house but my cape cod is from the 40s and i have green shutters. You could definately paint your shutters a different color and then paint the door the same color too. In my opinion I would also take down the awnings and add some flower boxes under your first floor windows. Those things would be fairly easy to do and you would get some color and texture from the plants in the window boxes without having to spend a lot of money.