I bought my wisteria about 3 years ago, it has yet to bloom...?

+10
So what could be the reason for this?
  • Cathy Cathy on Jun 04, 2016
    I really dont know the exact reason, but a good horsey pooh fertiliser will always be welcome. When i first planted mine in all manure the first flowering slems where 12 to 20 inches long. That was the first, really beautiful. Has flowered every year but that was the best.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 04, 2016
    Wisteria takes several years before they produce flowers.
  • MN Mom MN Mom on Jun 04, 2016
    Some varieties of wisteria must be seven to 15 years old before they are old enough to bloom. Anothet reason a wisteria won't bloom is over pruning. Over pruning will remove the flower buds.
  • Georgeann Georgeann on Jun 04, 2016
    I've had a wisteria for over 15 years and have never seen a bloom, I finally cut it down this year and planted knock out roses
  • Georgeann Georgeann on Jun 04, 2016
    I know but I got so tired of looking at the vines going everywhere and it started looking ugly.
  • Jeannie Ross Jeannie Ross on Jun 09, 2016
    Great!!
  • Jeannie Ross Jeannie Ross on Jan 26, 2018
    Finally solved, I was told to take a shovel and cut through the roots, and it will stimulate the growth, and it worked