Make a Knock-Off Crate & Barrel Modern Planter

60K Views
Do you keep a folder of ripped out pages from magazines or catalogs of items you'd love to have or make? Tucked inside my over-stuffed folder was this little gem of a planter from CB2. Since there's nothing like a good knock-off challenge, see how I created my own version of this modern flower pot.
Time: 3 HoursCost: $15.00Difficulty: Easy
  • make a knock off crate barrel modern planter, container gardening, gardening, how to

I re-purposed a nursery flower pot for this project. You know, the type that flowers, bushes or vines come in. I gave it a spray of water to remove any dirt and let dry.

Using a serrated knife, cut the wine corks in half. If the cut isn't quite even, do your best to shave off any unevenness so it'll lay flat.

Apply the glue to the wine cork half and adhere to the side of the flower pot. Lay it out in whatever pattern you like best.

Once dry, spray with self-etching primer followed by spray paint color of choice. Check out my version compared to the CB2 version.

Suggested materials for this project:

Victoria

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question
      • Judy
        Judy

I honestly like your version better than the CB2 - that one reminds of the cylinders on which chickens used to be de-feathered (way back in the dinosaur age when I was a child, lol). Great work!

• Franny Monaghan Lathe
          Franny Monaghan Lathe Westminster, MD

I use a knife attachment for my woo burning toolto cut the corks it looks like an exacto knife tip , goes thru them like butter