Make a Knock-Off Crate & Barrel Modern Planter

$15.00

Do you keep a folder of ripped out pages from magazines or catalogs of items you'd love to have or make? Tucked inside my over-stuffed folder was this little gem of a planter from CB2. Since there's nothing like a good knock-off challenge, see how I created my own version of this modern flower pot.
make a knock off crate barrel modern planter, container gardening, gardening, how to

I re-purposed a nursery flower pot for this project. You know, the type that flowers, bushes or vines come in. I gave it a spray of water to remove any dirt and let dry.

Using a serrated knife, cut the wine corks in half. If the cut isn't quite even, do your best to shave off any unevenness so it'll lay flat.

Apply the glue to the wine cork half and adhere to the side of the flower pot. Lay it out in whatever pattern you like best.

Once dry, spray with self-etching primer followed by spray paint color of choice. Check out my version compared to the CB2 version.
Victoria

• Snooks1948

If you had used a little Caulk around each one to fill in the gaps then painted it, they would look a little less stuck on. :)

• Gail Cooley

What a great idea. I too have my "stash" of empty pots asst sizes. I think I'll do a small,medium & large grouping for my outside front door area. ;-D