Make your own coffee sack shades - fast and easy!

$10

I'm one that prefers untraditional window treatments, hence, the coffee sack shades were born!
I simply cut a closet dowel to size, installed it inside the window frame, hot glued the sack onto the rod and called it done. Very quirky, rustic and so easy to do.

The kitchen backs onto park property so privacy isn't an issue. And I prefer the sun to stream right on it anyway.
The shades were lined with another fabric (via hot glue) so they weren't too transparent. Gotta appreciate those ready made graphics. :)
Junky trinkets were added as faux pulls just for fun.
Love how the shades add some warmth without taking over the sunlight nor view. Let's face it... long curtains would get splashed on here anyway.
Here's a shot of how the fabric was glued together, then glued to the rod. These are 'dummy' panels so they didn't have to actually work. Full tutorial can be seen on my blog at: http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2012/04/my-700-burlap-coffee-bean-sack-window.html

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Jean M
    Jean M

Very nice and cheap too😃I love ir

• Sel1229397
    Sel1229397

They are so cute! I have a bunch of rice bags I want to do something with but they have red and green coloring on them. Any ideas you can suggest?