Jane A
Jane A
  • Spotsylvania, VA

Jane Austin Water/flower Gardens 6/26/13

$500.00
4 Months
Advanced

These are some pics of the ponds/falls today. It has changed a bit since I built it. The flowers are grown and filled in. Flocks were added last year. I call this my tranquil place to relax morning and evening. Adding a light post this weekend to this area with a dimmer switch. Sometimes we have pond visitors at night..we're trying to find out what kind of visitor and what is so interesting to them, and us. We put a sensor owl in and a crocodile figure in the middle but it does not repel... The frog harmonizing stops. That is when we know it's back again..I am pretty sure it is not the bench that interests them, so..who is our visitor??.. I hope to find out soon.. stay tuned. Maybe we'll have an answer next week.
Walkway is the path to relaxation. Pine bark mulch.
Water works, Water falls kit and liner I purchased at home depot a couple yrs ago. 10x16 pond. You need a larger liner. Pond plants are Water Iris, Water lily, hyacinths, Lily pads. Zebra grass.
"The quiet bench" Frankly Scarrlets & Happy Returns
Butter cups & Happy Returns
Butter cups & Happy Returns

• Renee

just recently built a pond. Just hope mine is half a beautiful as this one, once my flowers and greenery takes off. Planted vine around my falls and elephant ears, red hot pokers and a banana tree in behind it. Thank you for the beautiful pics and inspiration. Did you know you can also plant elephant ears the same way you do water lilies in ponds?

• Lou ann johnson

This has given me some ideas mine is a natural creek the beginning of Line Creek I can enhance but not disrupt the flow I will try to post some pic.im learning on this comp. so I my need help.