Something is eating my collard, cabbage and pepper leaves. Any idea what it is and how I can stop it?

+35
My dad, who is doing the gardening, has resorted to putting some type of white power on them. So that is what you see in the photo. I am not sure of the name at present.
q something is eating my collard cabbage and pepper leaves any idea what it is and, gardening, pest control, Collards
Collards
Collards
q something is eating my collard cabbage and pepper leaves any idea what it is and, gardening, pest control, Red Cabbage
Red Cabbage
q something is eating my collard cabbage and pepper leaves any idea what it is and, gardening, pest control, Pepper
Pepper
q something is eating my collard cabbage and pepper leaves any idea what it is and, gardening, pest control, Egg Plant
Egg Plant
q something is eating my collard cabbage and pepper leaves any idea what it is and, gardening, pest control, Cabbage
Cabbage