Entertainment Center Repurpose and Upcycle

Have you seen all the entertainment centers at yard sales, thrift stores and curbside lately? No one wants them anymore because many people have flat screen TVs. We had two given to us in the last few years because they were both solid wood. These were the quickest repurpose jobs we ever did. We did not even bother to paint!
We put this in our kitchen.  Paper plates, napkins and potato chip bags go up top and crock pots and other big items go in bottom. see the lazy Susan the microwave is on?
We put this in our kitchen. Paper plates, napkins and potato chip bags go up top and crock pots and other big items go in bottom. see the lazy Susan the microwave is on?
Recently I got these really cool mason jars that I am using as canisters!  My big spatulas etc... are in crocks I have collected over the years.  We took the lazy Susan out and made the table with some arbor wood.
Recently I got these really cool mason jars that I am using as canisters! My big spatulas etc... are in crocks I have collected over the years. We took the lazy Susan out and made the table with some arbor wood.
This is in our garage - it is huge!  But look what we did with it....
This is in our garage - it is huge! But look what we did with it....
It's hard to see but there is a shelf about 1/2 way out from back to front and I store props and things for the blog in there.
Before I started to store props, we used it to store out of season clothes and coats.  Then when grandson was born we stored his blankets and hang up clothes.  All you need is a spring loaded shower rod!
Before I started to store props, we used it to store out of season clothes and coats. Then when grandson was born we stored his blankets and hang up clothes. All you need is a spring loaded shower rod!

Kitchen Kelli

• Tonia Krumvieda

Kitchen Kelli I have this exact (entertainment) cabinet that I am turning into a wardrobe for my little boy. I had the same idea as you and wanted to use a tension rod to hang clothing from but it will not clear the doors. Therefore I cannot close the doors. I want the doors to close but also want to hang clothing..I need some sort of rod and some way to attach it but at a bit of a loss as to what to use? any thoughts?? possibly attach to the "roof" /top of the wardrobe and not the sides?

• Kitchen Kelli

@Tonia Krumvieda Hi there! Yes, I will be glad to help. If the tension bar will not clear, then you should get those curtain rod holders that are attached on the wall (back wall of the center) and then set the curtain rod on it. I'm looking at some in my living room right now so I know they sell them at Walmart or Target. the rod is going to be a lot thinner than the shower curtain rod but it will work great! You will need a screw driver for this job though. Good luck and if you have trouble let me know!!

• Tonia Krumvieda

@Kitchen Kelli I am confused on the rod holders. Not sure I know what you are referring to. As far as the rod are you talking a cafe curtain rod?