Tara Marie
Tara Marie
  • Cottage Grove, WI

DIY Industrial Light Redo

See how I transformed a boring light fixture to get the look of an industrial light fixture.
diy industrial light redo, bedroom ideas, lighting
I am a big fan of industrial accents. In fact, the plan is to build a pipe and wood desk and bookshelf unit for my son’s room sometime this year. I recently updated his room, which you can see here. But I still wanted to switch up the
lighting a bit. Now, I love all those industrial lights out there but the problem is that they don’t always give off a whole lot of light. So I decided to do my own DIY industrial light and it only cost me a $1!
The photo above is was what the light fixture looked like initially.
I removed the glass and fixture and spray painted it a dark grey.
I replaced the light and glass.
Then I took the clips that came with the hanging fruit basket that I bought at the Dollar tree. There happened to be 3 screws on the light fixture that holds the glass in place. I just hung these on the screws and then attached the basket (which I also spray pained grey).
And done! All for a $1 since I had the spray paint on hand. To see more details on the process, visit the blog post at making-our-nest.com/diy-industrial-light/.
Tara Marie