Rustic American Flag Pallet DIY

Making an American flag pallet is nothing new. It’s all over Pinterest in every version you can imagine. This is my creation, and you will be shocked at how easy it is to make! Read on for the DIY!
Old pallets are everywhere and pretty easy to find. I used one from our backyard wood pile. I grabbed an old metal star, and some old, leftover red, white, and blue paint. The paint was ready for the trash, but since this project is supposed to be rustic and will live outside, the perfect paint was not necessary.
I made sure the red stripes would be at the top and bottom. I taped off a section for the blue field. I’ve seen flags where they make two stripes out of every flat, but this was easier this way, and because the wood was not really connected closely, I didn’t have to tape off the stripes. While I had out the white paint, I also painted the star. After the stripes were painted two coats of the red and white, the blue field was ready to go. In retrospect, it looked better and more rustic after one coat of paint, but I wanted a thicker coat to sand some and also to be out in the elements for natural wear.
I switched out the tape and painted the blue field. I then added a nail and the metal star was ready to hang. I distressed it just a little with some sandpaper – it will get plenty of distressing on its own outside. It was so easy to make! Because it is for outside, I didn’t worry about imperfections, paint drips, or a little bleed here and there.
I would love for you to stop by and see the remainder of the post! Click on the link below to see more!

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Holly Bertone | Pink Fortitude