Smittie
Smittie
  • Lilburn, GA
Asked on Jun 27, 2013

I have a wet crawl space due to a busted water line. Is there a drying

White Oak Studio DesignsCandy BluGnuJulie Worster
+1

Agent to help w ith clean up?
  • Lori Bryant

You might try spinkling FOOD GRADE diatamaceous earth. you can usually find it at local feedstores. make sure it is food grade. If you can't find it there you can order it online at www.earthworkhealth.com. It's around 25-30 dollars for a 50 lb bag. Any leftovers can be used to kill bugs without chemicals. The earthworkshealth site has many uses and testimonials listed on it. Good luck!

• Julie Worster

You can get a small dehumidifier on amazon. They come in all shapes and sizes. You can aslo get a pump so you dont have to worry about dumping it. Only draw back you need electricity, regular plug. Thats what I would do.

• Candy BluGnu

Lime! Its powder. It's available at hardware stores. {where they sell cement} It's a drying agent. Make sure you get a mask as you do not want to breathe this in your lungs. IT IS A DRYING AGENT, and will dry you out, too.

• White Oak Studio Designs

Will you insurance cover calling in a professional? When the pipe in my studio/gallery broke in the winter our insurance covered calling in "ServicePro's" a company in MI that focusing on such issues. They ran commercial grade fans and dehumidifiers for days. They were super powerful which "home grade" dehumidifers are not. They worked really well! It cost me my deductible but it was worth it. In 2009 we had SERIOUS ground water flooding in our area - 18-20" of water in our crawl space for months at a time. No insurance coverage that time. We first used a sump pump (and be sure to get 4" hoses as that is critical NOT a garden hose) and then used a dehumidifier 24/7 for weeks and weeks. It took months to get this dry.

q i have a wet crawl space due to a busted water line is there a drying, cleaning tips, garages, This is the high groundwater surrounding my home in SW Michigan in 2009 Not a fun time