Recycled Glassware and Lamps Into Garden Totems and Bird Baths

I used silicone caulk to glue sections together to make it easier to take down if need be for the winter. I drove a 5' piece od 3/8" rebar about a foot into the ground and started stacking. I drilled holes in the plates using drill bits specifically for glass. Empress of Dirt - Melissa has the best tutorial for glass drilling.
This one is mostly glass lamp shades and plates with an upside down salt shaker siliconed to the top piece for the bird bath.
This one is old glass lamp bottoms witht he same treatment on top.

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season

• Patty S

I posted similar totems in 2012, I called them "Polatems" (pot,plate totems). I also posted my front door Polatems in 2012. Check it out. I cemented my rebar into the ground. I leave them up all year around, no problem with ice and snow in Arizona. The silicone glue is a great Idea, I used glass glue, that was a bit messy. Next time I will try the silicone. Thanks for posting.

• Diana Deiley

@Patty S I enjoyed your post for the Polatems and looking for pieces to create my own. They are awesome and quite conversational pieces.

• Missingtx

love this idea...out of curiosity what are your smaller creations made of? I know they represent flowers, but the brass one with the part that has a lot of openings is what made me curious....really great look...thanks for sharing.

• RC Leach

Don't know if we're lookking at the same thing, but there is a brass-looking piece, that looks like the moror housing from a eiling fan..