Asked on Jun 27, 2013

How to recycle a double sink?

Karen Kay BabineauxCathyAng189994
+10

We remodeled a bathroom and have a black marble double sink. We tried to sell it on Craig's List, but no luck. Does anyone have an idea to use this sink in the garden or a yard art. It is very heavy so it is hard to move.
how to recycle a double sink, repurposing upcycling
  • Tammy@Deja Vue Designs

Thank You @Miriam I !

• Shannon R

Another idea might be using it for a beverage cooler. You could get a premade potting bench (or make one yourself), jigsaw an opening for the sink, rip out out the pipes and drop the sink in, place a bucket below it for drips, and voila! A super cool beverage table for outdoor parties!

• Reinventing Space

Picture?

• Ang189994

I was finally able to get a picture posted. Thanks for being patient with me.

• Chloe

I'm thinking if this could be put along side a fence or your house and remove the faucets you could use the sinks as bird baths and cover the rest of the table with moss and potted plants, or if not a bird bath since that would need to be raised it could be used to water for your cat or dog or any other animal. and it would look cool if there were some pebbles in the sink to make the sink part look more natural like the plants

• Peggy Myers

Make double bird feeds or use as dog water bowls.

• Hamtil Construction LLC

Try to get rid of it on the free section of Craigslist vs. selling it. Or, see if Habitat wants it?

• Jackie H

bird bath or a fountain

• Margotrice

Donate it! There are several different groups in different cities that have a resale store to help raise money. I have donated and purchased in these stores in Cincinnati, OH and Portland, OR. One person's trash is another ones's treasure when it comes to these stores.

• Ang189994

I did donate this sink and some other items to the Topeka, KS, Let's Help. It is a very good organization that does a lot of good. Thanks everyone for your ideas.

• Cathy

I used an old sink when I built a potting table. Use one side for mixing soil and compact, the other side for soaking.

• Karen Kay Babineaux

I would attach it to a back yard wall near the garage or free standing work bench attach a garden hose and a splitter to both of the faucets and use for an outside clean up area for your family after yard working or working on cars etc..