Sheila Bowden
Sheila Bowden
  • Madison, MS

Gardening in Central Mississippi-2013

Just a glimpse of a few things blooming in my yard right now. Got my green thumb from my dad ! As you will see, I love mixing hydrangeas and a variety of day lilies. My yard is my "happy place" !!
First flower bed I created when we moved 4 years ago. That's my new greenhouse my husband built for me last year in the background.
White coneflowers in a raised bed box my husband built. That's Louisiana flag iris in the background.
Ice plant
Ice plant
perennial salvia, juniper and some yard art
Day lilies and Endless Summer hydrangea in neutral soil
Butterfly bush and Stella D'oro day lilies. There's shasta daisies and black-eyed susans in that flower bed too.
hostas and foxglove with old cemetary fencing
Endless Summer hydrangea in neutral soil. I get blue, purple and pink blooms !
gardening in central mississippi 2013, flowers, gardening, hydrangea, outdoor living, raised garden beds
I have 5 large flower pots in a front bed that's in the "future planning" stage. Black plastic is under the pinestraw killing grass right now !
Moon vine flower
Moon vine flower
Back patio covered area. Pillows are old ones recovered with vinyl tablecloth. Covered 6 pillows for $5 plus a little thread and short amount of time.
These cushions were made with outdoor fabric I found marked down at Hancock Fabrics.
My sister-in-law crafted the flower pot my bromeliad is in.
Raised bed veggie garden area. Green beans on trellis, tomatoes, and squash behind tomatoes. In forefront is one of four blueberry bushes in between day lilies.
Garden trellis. That's conduit pipe driven into ground inside the cinder blocks, then pvc pipe inside the conduit and arched over. Fencing stretched over the pipe and attached with zip ties. Cost around $5. Already had fencing.