Jan M
Jan M
  • Toledo, OR

My pictures are of my Beaded Gourds

I cover the entire gourd with beeswax the build up certain areas with the wax then sculpt it into the figures that I will be creating. I then Bead the entire gourd or sometimes ostrich shells from bottom to top with 13/0 beads. These beads are picked up with a pin and then pushed into the wax one bead at a time.
The African Rose took me 2 1/2 years to complete.

• Andrea R

Is the wax hard enough to withstand the occasional bump or drop accident without smushing flat? Do you have to keep them air conditioned or refrigerated in the summertime?

• Geraldine Green

WOW this outstanding, I have never seen anything like it. This is a true work of art!!!!!

• Wanda Stivison

MY goodness!!! I can't imagine the patience as well as making my eyes go together. My luck they would have discontinued the beads I figured I would have run out of 2 years later! I bow down to such dedication and talent!