Michael W
Michael W
  • Saint Marys, PA

DIY Vertical Succulent Planter

Making some basic 2x4s look old with some paint and stencils, I created my very own vertical garden for planting hens and chicks (succulents). Once the frame fill out I'll have a living work of art! Full details of the project are on my blog Inspired by Charm: http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2012/04/outdoor-shelves-part-two-framed-hens.html
diy vertical succulent planter, crafts, flowers, gardening, succulents, Vertical Planter
Vertical Planter
diy vertical succulent planter, crafts, flowers, gardening, succulents, Hens and Chicks
Hens and Chicks
diy vertical succulent planter, crafts, flowers, gardening, succulents, Planting the Vertical Garden
Planting the Vertical Garden
Michael W

• Sus11856470

Can you make a small one for indoors?

• Dbr7990157

How do you keep the dirt from falling out?
    Love it!

• Heather Kuder

Hey Micheal so what best place outdoor to place succulent plants? Mostly shade, full sun?

• Shelly Carver

these guys really thrive on NEGLECT. crazy right?!

they do not enjoy sitting in water or wet soil.

i actually have seen mine go to the tall, reeaally tall (phalic looking) stage and flower! purples, greens and just gorgeous!

thank you for the DIY idea! im headed out back to create one right now.

• Moma Walker

I'm a little (or a lot) confused. I love succulents and air plants. I want to start growing both but different people have told me that I need dirt in the succulents and not in the air plants, and some people have told me that I would need dirt in both of them. I was also told that air plants live exactly on that--air. To buy a small glass container and put the air plant in that and it will survive on its own. Please someone HELP. Please get all of this straightened out for me so I can go buy me a couple of each and enjoy them.

• Lad10636376

I am in the process of making a faux living wall on our balcony. We get strong winds at times and living plants create a huge mess. I am using a variety of faux succulents from Michael's and the resin planter is from Wayfair. I chose the arched top because we have a Mexican theme on the balcony. Will post the finished product.