Cheryl Spangenberg
Cheryl Spangenberg
  • Saint Louis, MO

DIY Weekend Pergola Project

Join me as we build my dream of 8 years...a pergola. We accomplished it over the course of a 3 day weekend and YOU CAN TOO!!!
diy weekend pergola project, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, Make your own Pergola
From planning to preparing to shopping then building, our complete project notes so you too can build a pergola over the weekend!
diy weekend pergola project, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, Add corner braces
Posts, supports and corner braces!
diy weekend pergola project, diy, outdoor living, woodworking projects, Add cross support beams and be sure to level
Always, always, always check level as you work!
Add crossbeams to complete your pergola!
Cross beams with a cut edge add a bit of stylish detail.
Your pergola is built!
Your pergola is built!
Hop over to my blog to find the full tutorial, helpful tips and videos, a shopping list, and simple tricks that made this pergola as easy to build as possible! No concrete! My secret is in my full post!
Cheryl Spangenberg

• Lynn

I am thinking of having my husband do something like this for our backyard. I would like to add lattice on the sides for a bit more privacy. Thanks for sharing!

• Becki Bode-Wyscarver

I want to hang up a porch swing on the pergola, will it be strong enough to do this?