Ivylore
Ivylore
  • Trenton, MI

Tic Tac Toe Garden Table

Inspired by a similar idea in pinterest, I found a round wooden table top at the local home improvement store-perfect! My son-in-law burned a tic-tac-toe grid onto the table top. I stained it and nailed it to a tree stump. I purchased some stones and asked my granddaughter to paint them as ladybugs and bees. Didn't they come out great? I found a little wire basket at the dollar store to keep them in. I bought a set of natural cedar curved benches, stained and assembled them. Now when my grandchildren visit, they will have a fun activity to do in the garden.
tic tac toe garden table, crafts, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, tic tac toe tree trunk table with stones painted as bees and lady bugs
tic tac toe tree trunk table with stones painted as bees and lady bugs
tic tac toe garden table, crafts, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, tic tac toe table and curved cedar benches
tic tac toe table and curved cedar benches

• Marilee Moyer Bryant

I want to make this cute table for my granddaughters. I have a log of the right size, but I'm concerned about the table tipping over and hurting someone. Did you secure the base to the ground? If so, how?

• Ivylore

Hi Marilee! No, I didn't secure it in any way... All I can tell you is that it is very heavy and hard to move, I haven't had any worries about it tipping over. Best of luck!

• Shirley Jones

what paint was used for the bugs please?

• Marilee Moyer Bryant

I don't know what Ivylore used, but I used Patio Paint for mine. It holds up very well outdoors and you can get it at craft stores.

• Luv23718947

Where did you find the table top and what did you use to make the lines for the table top?

• Ivylore

Hi! I found the round wooden table top at Home Depot. My son-in-law used a wood-burning tool to make the lines. It was one of the easiest projects ever.  Good luck!