Pieces of Time East
Pieces of Time East
  • Newberry, SC

My FIRST INDUSTRIAL SAVE!

My husband thought I was CRAZY when I pulled this out of an old barn we were cleaning out......
my first industrial save , painted furniture, rustic furniture
We unloaded her off the truck and I hosed about 30 years of barn dust off her.....
She had a lot of surface rust, but no major damage.
Transported her to my warehouse and sanded all the rust, then cleaned her off really well with a Non-Toxic mixture of 50/50 vinegar and water and got her ready for her makeover!
I chose 100% Non-Toxic Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paint in Slate and grabbed my Cling On Brush and went to work.
First...and ONLY coat of the Slate going on....
Already looking so much better!
While the paint was drying, I sanded the reclaimed barn wood I envisioned for her new top!
Placed the boards in to decide which color of the Kristi Kuehl Protective Wood Stain I wanted to use.....but decided I loved their natural color and went with the Non-Toxic Gloss Protective Finish.
Put one one coat of the Ebony Protective Glaze over the Slate and added the Barn Wood Top......
She turned out Industrial Rustic FABULOUS!!

• Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paint and Finishes  (https:/www.PiecesofTime.biz)

To see more: https:/www.PureHomePaintsInfo.com

• Shi7038814

An old iron table that I have ......I would love to send a picture and get some ideas of what to do with it. My parents had it sitting on their front porch for at least 50 years. It looks like a sewing machine table but I don't think it is.

• Shi7038814

Thank you so much! Wasn't sure how to tackle this. I'm not creative or artistic at all. I had thought about having it sand blasted, but wasn't sure. Thanks!

• Dee B

What was the original use of this table in a barn? Just curious. By the way, great makeover.

• Dee B

I have never seen a metal table like that. Thanks for taking time to respond. Great upcycle!

• Kristina

I would love to consider purchasing this piece. Wherendo I go to find it? Donyou have a website?