Robert G
Robert G
  • Salisbury, NC

Anyone know how to remove metals from pool water ? Thanks.

Robert GKMS WoodworksWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+2

• KMS Woodworks

This is normally done with a chemical addition that has a chelating agent. This allows the metal to form an aggregate and be removed by the filtration system or render them less reactive. http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals/Natural-Chemistry-Enzyme-Pool-Chemicals/Metal-Free-Pool-Chemical/

• Robert G

Thank you , I actually used the product on the link about a week ago. No results. Perhaps didn't use enough. Two quarts for 40,000 gal

• Your local pool chemical supplier should be able to determine how much to use. I would suggest that you take a jar sample to them so they can check the water in their store. You may have put in more then enough chemical to do the job, but if something else is not proper with the chemicals it may be preventing the product you used from working.

• KMS Woodworks

Testing blind will be hit and miss...have a sample of your pools water tested, for metals and other stuff...then you will have a better understanding of what is there and how to treat it.

• Robert G

43,000 gal pool , 1 quart for 20,000. guess I'll have to have the water tested again. Thank you for your reply