DIY Mason Jar Indoor Herb Garden

This post was submitted to the Grillo Designs Website by Charity Williams from Charitys Pallet place (dont forrget to leave her a facebook LIKE!) She was asked by a friend to design an indoor herb garden and this is what she came up with. A herb garden made out of a pallets
Heres how she did it!
1. She dissembled a pallet using a crowbar, hammer, and sawzall. She then sanded and cleaned them
These were the plans she drew up for her friend before hand
She attached 4 pallet boards with running 3 boards across the back screwing in from back to front to avoid visible screw holes. Then was the beginning stages of doing the distressed look on the boards. -
she used providential stain with a small brush . Once dry, she painted it all with antique white matte interior paint. she then cut 5 6 1x2 boards and painted them with chalkboard paint - these were to be used as label plates for each herb. Once the white antique paint had completely dried, she lightly sanded and did something very interesting to get the aged distressed look - VISIT THE BLOG (WWW.GRILLO-DESIGNS.COM) OR LINK BELOW TO SEE WHAT SHE DID!
Next she attached the backing wall hanging mounts and then added on the clamps for the jars
The chalk board name plates were placed above each jar for labelling with 1 screws. And voila!
You can see more pictures of this herb garden on the blog (Grillo Designs) at link below. You can also view other DIY projects here from other members of my facebook group GRILLO DESIGNS HOME DECORATING, UPCYCLING AND DIY GROUP on the Blog

Medina at Grillo Designs

• Marilyn

I am interested in knowing what the pipes are that are holding your shelves. I really like that idea and will be putting up shelves in my kitchen soon

• Crystal Beach Groenevelt

It is simple ‘black pipe’ that can be purchased at most hardware stores. Ask for the length you desire (and yes, you do want them threaded). The ‘flange’ attches the pipe to the wall (pipe just screws into it) and you screw a ‘cap’ onto the end. Make sure you find studs in the wall to screw the flanges into orbit will not hold, it will be a heavy shelf.

• Don9458978

DON'T YOU NEED DRAINAGE IN THE JARS?
  • Susan Marian Allred Spivey

When you water your Herbs , why wouldn’t the roots rot because their isn’t any way for the water to drain out?

• Lisa West

As long as she has stones at the bottom of the jars s and doesn flood the plant they wont rot. I have a little plant that doesnt have drainage for some reason. It has rocks at the bottom. So I just give it a little water every few days to a week. My home has forced hot air. So it very dry. So the water evaporates very quickly. It's a nightmare for my fish tanks. I'm constantly adding water lol. I have a gold fish named herman, 2 beta fish 1 name is dusk and the other dawn. As you probably already guessed their color matches sunrise and sunset. Lol