DIY Wood and Cinder Block Bench

There is a shady spot in my yard that was perfect for a bench. But, I didn't want to spend more than $100 for a garden bench. So I made my own bench for less than $70 with pre-cut wood boards and cinder blocks!
This project was very easy -- the hardest part for someone like me (with no upper body strength) was stacking the cinder/concrete blocks! For the top of my bench, all I did was stain the wood and then glue it to the cinder blocks with landscape block adhesive.
To make the bench, I first thought I was going to stack the cinder blocks in two columns, as pictured above. But I discovered that stacking the cinder blocks into a rectangular block would be much sturdier instead. I decided not to glue my cinder blocks together, since the stack is quite study and heavy. After I had my stack of cinder blocks in place, I stained my two pieces of wood. To finish my bench, all I had to do was use the adhesive to glue the top of the bench to the stack of cinder blocks!
This project is part of the Curb Appeal 2016 Blog Hop. I have lots more planned for my garden space! (Including some more container gardens and some decor.) Stop by my blog to see updates on the project, get the full details on how to make my bench and to see my friends' creative and beautiful curb appeal projects!

• Cinder/concrete blocks  (Home Depot)
  • Pre-Cut Wood Boards  (Home Depot)
  • Thompson's Waterseal

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Lauren of Mom Home Guide