Rachel @I'llJustPaintIt.com
Rachel @I'llJustPaintIt.com
  • Kendallville, IN
Asked on Jun 29, 2013

To repurpose or not to repurpose?

BeckySherrieKimberly Barney
+7

Should I paint this or turn it into nightstands? What's your vision?
I keep dreaming of giving my two girls nightstands.
With this...but maybe I should just paint it?
  • Cyrilla Bender

PAINT IT to many pcs are being destroyed fomr yrs ago. I had one of these that I sold at a g.sal last yr with the stool and dresser and it looked like this. PLease just redo it!

• Z

As much as I love waterfall furniture I have to be honest and say it would be wiser to turn this into two bed side tables. Dressing tables are not in demand anymore and I would think the mirror would cost quite a bit to replace. If the veneer is in tact (no large missing pieces) I would just paint the sides and restore the drawer fronts and tops. If you can cut a piece of Masonite or MDF to fit the cut out where the mirror was, you could turn it chalk board. Another idea would be a padded bulletin board. I'm still thinking on what could be done with the middle section. Maybe add some legs and make into a little girls "make up" table since little girls still like to play dress up.

• Rachel @I'llJustPaintIt.com

Sorry, I should've said the mirror exists with only a few scratches. It's just in the corner.

• Merle

I would paint it. Vanities are very in right now. I am redoing one myself. Two years ago they always had them at the second hand store, now they have none. When I asked where they all were, they told me people are snapping them up as soon as they come in. I love waterfall anyway! Take a look at this link http://www.foreverpinkcottagechic.com/vanities.html

• Rachel @I'llJustPaintIt.com

Merle, with vanities getting those prices, you sold me! Paint cream or light pink with distressing.

• Cyrilla Bender

What state do u live in?

• Kimberly Barney

With so many people looking for furniture to turn into bathroom vanities, I think if you added some height with furniture legs that this piece would make a wonderful bathroom vanity with a bowl sink.

• Sherrie

I would paint it. I wouldn't tear it apart I love furniture like this. I always sit at vanity to put make up on and I had a vanity just like this. I re-painted it candy cotton pink for my daughter. Some where it was lost. I wish I had it now.

• Becky

NO NO NO, please don't destroy it ! I'd be willing to take it off your hands. Check out this site or Etsy & you will find amazing makeovers of just this kind of furniture.