Boring TV Tray Turned Fabulous With Unicorn SPiT!

Unicorn SPiT is one of my most favorite inventions of all time! Suddenly, I look at everything and wonder what it would look like with some SPiT...your own imagination is your only limit with this stuff y'all! It can be used on glass, metal, concrete, fabric, and of course, wood! I love using UnicornSPiT on wood best so far because I love how it is a gel stain and glaze in one so you can see the wood grain but it will also give a 3 dimensional effect due to the glaze aspect and the thickeners that are added to the product. That is what makes Unicorn SPiT different than any other product on the market (trust me I've tried plenty!) I hope you enjoy seeing how this tray took on a new life with Unicorn SPiT!
After sanding
First, I sanded my tray down to bare wood.
Next I thoroughly moistened the top with a spray bottle full of water. Make sure it is wet but not pooling.
Apply your Unicorn SPiT to the top. I used Molly Red Pepper, Lemon Kiss, White Ning and Zia Teal. Spray again with water, and pull a plastic drop cloth tight over the top letting the air suction itself out. This is called the stain press technique. You can find very helpful videos on YouTube by searching Unicorn SPiT. I've watched all of them multiple times!
Spray the top of your drop cloth with your spray bottle and start moving the Unicorn spit around to cover the blank spots.
Continue moving and blending until you achieve the look you want. Then, grab all 4 corners and pull the plastic off so the very center pops up last.
After it is dry use a scotch brite pad to smooth out any rough spots where you may have excess SPiT. Then apply a couple coats of tung oil (letting it dry between coats). Then several coats of polyurethane and you're done!

• Unicorn SPiT  (www.unicornspit.com)
  • Tung oil  (Lowes)
  • Polyurethane  (Lowes)

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
15 Memorial Day Crafts
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Unicorn SPIT changed my crafting life. Anything tiny or huge can be enhanced by Unicorn SPIT. Amazing!

• Susan
    Susan

I used the exact same TV trays to experiment with Unicorn SPiT also. They turned out amazing, and it was so fun! Yours looks great! This is my favorite of mine.