Trudy D
Trudy D
  • Brighton, MI
Asked on Jun 29, 2013

How to remove the smell of pet urine in cement?

LeeAnn GillespieShirleyBWick
+6

Have tried bleach on the area, but when the humidity is up the cement becomes damp again. Run a dehumidifier, but doesn't help this area.
  • Linnya

Have you thought about sealing it

• Mary Insana

Bleach isn't good with pet urine. Try making a paste of baking soda mixed with a little water and let it sit a while then hose it off unless its indoors then let it dry and vacuum it up.

• Trudy D

I will try the baking soda; other reply-sealing with what? Your suggestion please.

• Trudy D

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. Unable to seal (assuming you meant with Kilz or such) because it always stays damp. Tried the paste mentioned-that does not dry out either.

• Wick

I found OdoBan at Home Depot that I have been using on my patio of bricks. I diluted with water and put in spray bottle. After he goes, I let him in and then spray it and it does a terrific job of disinfecting and taking out the odor. When it dries he can walk on it again. It has to be diluted (read instructions).

• Trudy D

Thank you for your suggestion. I had forgotten about my post. Will look for it at my Home Depot

• ShirleyB

You have to neutralized the urine, a home remedy that works well is a vinegar dilute, and then once the vinegar has done it's job, you can dilute it more with plain water...

• LeeAnn Gillespie

hydrogen peroxide

• LeeAnn Gillespie

hydrogen peroxide