Curb Appeal Idea: A Little White Fence

It all started last year when we had a curb appeal idea to add a little white fence in the front. This spring we saw some fencing at Menards, brought it home and got it done in a day. It was fun to do and really a small outdoor project that made a nice difference. We will add more plants and flowers next year and I wanted to show you the progress so far.
The front yard is shady due to a large tree so we planted Impatiens and added a few mature Hosta plants from the yard. We move Hosta around the yard like furniture. I'm sure you do too.
curb appeal idea a little white fence, curb appeal, fences, gardening, landscape, outdoor living
We did not buy enough little white fence, bought more to finish the line, and happily have a lot of leftover fencing to use in other spots in the yard.
The first decision to make was where to place the fence along the walkway. Ideally, I wanted to plant flowers along the walkway because flowers hugging a sidewalk looks so welcoming. I went with placing the fence along the walk and having flowers show from the street side for charming curb appeal.
After rototilling along the fence line, we stamped the dirt down.
Then added some garden top soil and planted the Impatiens.
I highly recommend using a Preen Weed Control to keep weeds down during the growing season. Just sprinkle around the flowers like above. It is especially good for ground cover like Pachysandra I wrote about a few years ago.
This year we got to enjoy the Iris longer because of the long cool weather this spring here in the Midwest. It is now June and we are still enjoying some cooler than normal days.
CURB APPEAL IDEA WITH A LITTLE WHITE FENCE:
Some hanging planters, pots with flowers and a chair with a pillow added charm and pops of color.
I have some coleus sitting there by the fence waiting to be planted. It really was a quick and easy transformation that added a lot of charm.
The fence is Suncast Grand View Fence and comes in various sizes. Ours is the 24 inch.
My little joy every day is this scene at the front door. I want to play out in the yard even more now. What have you done out in the garden this year?
If you liked this, see more on the blog by clicking the blog link below.

• Suncast Grand View Fence  (Menards. It is also available on Amazon)
  • Preen Weed Preventer  (Menards)
  • Garden Soil  (Menards)
Sue @ Housekaboodle

• Jane R.

I like the fence but I need one that is taller. Does this one come in different heights? Can I get it a Lowe's or Home Depot?

• Sue @ Housekaboodle

I am not sure if Home Depot or Lowe's carries this fencing, but Amazon does including a taller fence like you are looking for. Click my blog post link at the bottom of this post and there is a link to the fencing on Amazon if you can't find it.

• Deeny Middlebelt

I really like your rectangular plant stand by y door,can you tell where you got it?
    Been looking for something like that!

• Gloria Duplantis

Where did you get small fence

• CC

Love. love, love the cushion on the chair. Where did you find the material. Seems like I can't find anything that beautiful here in NS, Canada.. Your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

• Laurie

Love the fence. Maybe I will put one infront of my garden. Love the Hosta but my area is way to hot for them.