Amanda C, Hometalk Team
Amanda C, Hometalk Team
  • Brooklyn, NY

Get Instant Shower Storage for Less Than $20

$18

Need more shower storage? I definitely did! There's nothing worse than trying to get clean while bottles and soap containers are falling on your toes. Instead of adding shelves or making a more permenant (read: expesnvie) change to my shower, I came up with a simple solution! I used a tension rod, shower baskets, and some curtain hooks to create more shower space. It's simple and space saving.
tension rod shower storage, bathroom ideas, storage ideas
SUPPLIES:
-Tension Rod
-Shower Baskets
-Shower Clips
-Metal Curtain Clips
STEP 1: Prepare your tension rod
Remove the rubber end of your tension rod and slide all of the shower clips and curtain hooks onto the rod.
STEP 2: Attach shower clips to baskets
Feed the shower clips through the holes of the shower baskets on each end allowing it to hang from the tension rod.
STEP 3: Add your rod to the shower
Hang your rod against the wall of your shower.
STEP 4: Hang your bottles
Clip bottles and wash rags with the curtain hooks and fill up your baskets with fitting items. (I used shallow baskets with the intent of keeping smaller items in it, however, there is a plethora of basket options at the dollar store that would be more suitable than larger items as well.)

• C

How to deal with the rush of metal?

• Margaret

I keep an extra tension rod in my shower to drip dry items on. Coat with car wax to help with preventing rust.

• Evadney

Where you get the clips and don’t you think the rod will get a bit heavy how do you stabilized it that it won’t fall

• Barbara Kissinger

Yes great idea. Where can I purchase the rings with clips

• Sol

Walmart has them. Sometimes the dollar store has them too.