Get Instant Shower Storage for Less Than $20

$18

Need more shower storage? I definitely did! There's nothing worse than trying to get clean while bottles and soap containers are falling on your toes. Instead of adding shelves or making a more permenant (read: expesnvie) change to my shower, I came up with a simple solution! I used a tension rod, shower baskets, and some curtain hooks to create more shower space. It's simple and space saving.
SUPPLIES:
-Tension Rod
-Shower Baskets
-Shower Clips
-Metal Curtain Clips
STEP 1: Prepare your tension rod
Remove the rubber end of your tension rod and slide all of the shower clips and curtain hooks onto the rod.
STEP 2: Attach shower clips to baskets
Feed the shower clips through the holes of the shower baskets on each end allowing it to hang from the tension rod.
STEP 3: Add your rod to the shower
Hang your rod against the wall of your shower.
STEP 4: Hang your bottles
Clip bottles and wash rags with the curtain hooks and fill up your baskets with fitting items. (I used shallow baskets with the intent of keeping smaller items in it, however, there is a plethora of basket options at the dollar store that would be more suitable than larger items as well.)

• Virginia Eller

I will try this. Now do you have a way to make people put things back on the rod?

• Vera Jenot

Lol i dont know but I would like to find out lol remove it and so they don't have it in the bathroom a few times every time they go to take a shower if they are the ones that are just leaving it all over the place and tell them when you can hang it up on the rod I will not make you come and hunt for it

• Steve

I like the idea, but in our shower I am tripping over bottles of stuff. I have been thinking about hanging plastic roofing gutter, but haven't come up with how to hang it without penetrating the wall tile. I'll drill holes for drainage and would like it to be removable fro easy cleaning. Any ideas?

• Nancy Wolf Johnson

Creativity is adaptable, ideas change as we consider all aspects of a situation. don't get stuck on the gutter idea, let your creativity be changeable.

• Jaci Troster Martin

I dont see where/how you hung shampoo bottles???

• Christine Lesinski

I think I'm going to try this! My only worry is adding too much weight and the rid falling.

• Perl

I have an extra shower rod to the top of our tub enclosure & made sure it is a little way out from the wall, yet on the enclosure at the ends. I put my shampoo & conditioner bottles on the rod. I use plastic shower curtain rings to hang my wash cloth, bath mitt ect. It's great not having the bottles all over.

• Rosemary

Thank you so much for this idea! We have a bunch of different bottles---setting them ON TOP of the rod is perfect! Thanks so much!!!!