A Little Garden Walkway Out of Pallet Boards

1 Day

Desiring a way to walk from my driveway to the lawn, I decided a chunk of flowerbed had to go... and instead, created this easy pallet wood walkway in just a couple of hours!
These planks were found in a pile of pallet wood rubble. The slightly thicker boards make water run off a dream.
They haven't been treated with anything, and are still going strong 3 years and counting!
Here's how I did it:
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Placing the planks in a slight curve as well as random alignment made for a slightly more interesting take
Welcome to my little pallet wood garden walkway! Doesn't this resemble a beach boardwalk? Very simple to make!
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Here is the very full before
Here is the before shot. I desired to reach the lawn from the driveway. So let's get to work!
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Decide where you desire your pathway to go and make it happen This was after a few shrubs were pulled out and new topsoil was placed
Removing a few shrubs was the first step. Then new soil was placed, so it would be nice and workable around the boards.
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Here s a picture from year 2 It held up as if it s still brand new
Each plank was positioned into the soil for stability. A few plants and rocks later, it was done.
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling
There is no sealer on this walkway. It's shown while wet. But you could certainly seal it with something outdoor durable.
This is the walkway at 3 years old!
Be sure to click the link below to see the full tutorial.
make a pallet wood walkway for your garden, diy, flowers, gardening, landscape, pallet, repurposing upcycling, Here s another pallet walkway I came up with at
And here's another! A TWO PALLET WALKWAY HERE
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Fle5071961

I see all these wonderful pallet ideas but the pallets are not treated and so would rot very quickly. Do you treat the pallets, if so can you tell me how you do it. Thanks Fleur

• Hi @Fleurhansby some pallets appear to rot quicker than others. I personally just replace them if they do, but one could certainly use sealants or stains to help.

• Ashley

When you say it's raised so water can clear through, how did you raise them?

• Hi @Ashley the boards are thick, not laying flat on the ground, but more, raised in height. This led to good water run off. ie: sections of a 2x4 would work great! It's the thickness that's the key.

• Karen

its beautiful but won't the boards rot and get moldy not treated and on the ground? Does it rain there a lot? We're in Texas and I feel like they would break apart after a year. Any idea?