Barb Smith
Barb Smith
  • Canada

Enjoy the Rain in Your Gazebo

When it rains, the dogs and I like to sit outside in the gazebo and watch the rain. As long as it isn't a thunderstorm! I bought the yellow-striped shower curtains and put them up in the gazebo. Now when it rains, simply close the curtains and we can still look out - protected. Also provides us with privacy.
enjoy the rain in your gazebo, outdoor living

• Gail

I would love to do this as well as my dogs and l enjoy sitting on my deck under my canopy as well. Question is how well would the curtains hold up in the heat as I face the south and it gets very hot. Wondering too if this will provide shade as well.

• Barb Smith

Hi Gail. Thanks for your question. I would suggest using a different kind of shower curtain material for the Sun. If you close up the entire gazebo with a plastic curtain it will retain the Heat. This one was meant for rain. Try cutting the shower curtain Too Shorten it so that air circulates from the bottom. Remember to add weights to the bottom so that it doesn't flop around in the Wind. I hope this helps. Experiment with what works for you

• Gail

Hi Barb, it isn't really a gazebo, more a canopy tent so not closed in. Your idea of cutting the shower curtain shorter and adding weights is a great idea. Would keep out the sun and rain and let the air in. Many Thanks Barb. Now all I need to do - is wait for Summer.

• Patricia BuckleyNunez

I have a screen room I got for $30 at a flea market. Problem is no matter how I try I cannot get it to "pop up"Thinking about putting my teki table and umbrella inside to hold it up. Ha Ha. Then use your idea of shower curtains to shelter from the rain. Wish me luck! And thank you for the inspiration.

• Paticia G

I did this years ago in our screen room that we tucked under the awning of the RV- used clear and it worked out well

• Joan

I had the same idea to use cloth shower curtains, not for rain, but to block the sun from making my gazebo unusable between 2:30-5:30. During the summer the sun is blazingly hot until 6p. Thanks for a timely reminder!