Mikey F
Mikey F
  • Richmond, VA

Summer Mantle

By this time, I'm sure Christmas stockings are packed away and your mantle is screaming for some love and attention. It's time to pull out your stash of shells and add in a few other touches. If you don't have a fire place, you could do the same on a shelf, or do what I did, and purchase a salvaged mantle and attach it to the wall!
summer mantle, home decor
summer mantle, home decor
Corral like items in a vintage wire basket for an even bigger statement.
Think of how light will react with the elements of your design. Pull in mirrors or glass objects for and added layer of luminescence.
summer mantle, home decor
Don't forget to vary texture! This starfish pops against the shells behind it.
This is one of two pieces of real coral I have. The rest is reproduction and was picked up for very little at Discount Big Box stores.
This antique water bottle in an aqua hue with its cream and aqua label add an additional layer and even more of a vintage vibe to this seaside holiday inspired display.
Coral, shells, and architectural salvage and other vintage finds come together to create a beautiful Summer Mantle Scape.
An antique salvaged mirror adds a touch of dimension and sparkle to the arrangement.
summer mantle, home decor
summer mantle, home decor
Placing items under a cloche, or glass dome, adds a sense of sophistication and importance to otherwise mundane objects.
Mikey F

• Terralee G

I love this mantel idea. Mine is totally bare right now. . thanks for the inspiration.

• Linda

I will try this mantle idea!