Stacie A
Stacie A
  • De Soto, MO
Asked on Jun 30, 2013

Want to mount a copper vessel sink to something unique...quirky....

Elizabeth PilkeyLtt834476Laurie Powell
+19

We purchased a hammered copper vessel sink for guest bath we are remodeling. It's right next to our bar & great room & pool. We entertain a lot...low key, casual entertaining. We have a ton of friends with our very same sense of humor (off the wall lol)...so we are wanting to decorate this bath with a ton of quirky things...things with humor, conversation type things...just silly. So I want to mount our vessel sink to something very unique. I need ideas...a ton of them! I am of course looking for CHEAP!!!
q want to mount a copper vessel sink to something unique quirky, bathroom ideas, home decor, kitchen design, repurposing upcycling
  • Hamtil Construction LLC

Stacie, hi from a fellow St. Louisian! You could probably find some cool stuff if you hit up the salvage guy at Lemp Brewery on a Saturday afternoon. Maybe use an old door, window, or reclaimed lumber to mount it on? How about a seat from an old bleacher or stadium? Whatever you find, hope it becomes a fun convo piece.

• KMS Woodworks

I have always thought a steamer trunk mounted on its side would make a cool vanity cabinet. If you have one that is a bit on the less sturdy side a few planks of ply could be installed on the inside to stiffen it up.

• From My Cherry Heart

how about a bird bath pedestal, a log turned on its side, a whiskey barrel and use beer taps for the faucets, a tall table and paint it funky fun colors, a bike, just a few ideas off the top of my head. I would search the flea markets, scrap yards, and Craig's list in your area, also Pinterest. Good luck and do come back and show us what you did with this fun room! Thank you

• LaNora

My sister used an antique dresser. It looks sharp.

• Maggie Tatum

An old piece of salvaged wood, and to clean your copper...wax paper

• Stacie A

I didn't know wax paper would clean up copper....thank you!

• Lorraine Edwards

Hi Stacie-I shared a picture (that was shared with me on Facebook) here on Hometalk, using an old iron singer sewing machine base. I'm sharing it here with you. You can have the top made out of wood and covered in anything you want, or painted any color. I think it's kind of a conversation piece!

• Hamtil Construction LLC

@Lorraine Edwards - Love that idea. Great suggestion!

• Lorraine Edwards

Thank you, nice gent from Hamtil Construction!

• Stacie A

I'm still working on it...scanning craigslist daily :)

• CK

You said quirky right? How about using a toilet seat to rest the sink in, then attach the toilet seat to the wall? Would I do this in my own home? Nope, never ;-) But then if you're looking for truly quirky this might be it. Ummmm....OK maybe it does go far beyond quirky ;-)

• Judy

My first thought was a cross-section slab of wood, like the ones folks make coffee tables out of, only smaller, varnished to the max & attached to the wall. Might not be quirky enough for you though.

• Cindy

ok! I know this sound way out there but find you a whiskey Keg or Barrel I have a friend who did it and it looks awesome

• Judy

Saw this & thought of your post.........

• Laurie Powell

I wanted a vessel sink in our main bathroom. We purchased a new bombe chest & here it is. Nobody else will have one like it!

, Each drawer had to have cut outs made to fit around the pipes It did not compromise on the storage
  • Ltt834476

See comment below

, I bought a tall end table at a clearance sale at Bel furniture Then ordered this faucet on line signature hardware and the vessel sink at Lowe s I get so many compliments Use your imagination on base Wine Barrel motorcycle bike There are so many ideas But something sporty would be great for game room Good luck
  • Ltt834476

Need click on picture above to see comment

• Elizabeth Pilkey

an old treadle sewing machine