La Mac
La Mac
  • Tulsa, OK

What Can I Plant in My Containers Attached to My Fountain?

Tracie Eaton-MeloyDebby BoyleWendy M
+5

The green plant in the picture is a forsythia shrub with bright yellow flowers in the spring. On the right side is a wider container and on the left side the container is quit a bit smaller. Any ideas would be appreciated...
My fountain that I am working on. Need ideas for the right and left container beds.
  • Simple Pleasures

I see wave petunias ! Beautiful showy and colorful flowers...

La Mac, I just encountered a plant at the Atlanta Botanical Garden that I think would be great for a spot like that: Callirhoe involucrata, or purple poppy mallow.

• Rivka I

How about purple sedum on the right and yellow daisies on the left. Any trim back the bush! Nothing wrong with it going out on the sides but it is falling over and covering up the fountain.

• Mke136057

Not sure of any names, but I would definitely use a small flowering bright color plant in both of them

• Simple Pleasures

I WOULD ASLO ADD SOME HANGING IVY WITH THE WAVE PETUNIAS, THEN ADD SOMETHING IN THERE FOR HEIGHT....

• Wendy M

In the wider container I would find a unique small trellis and plant a Clematis with wave petunias in the front or something that is showy that you can change out for the different seasons. As for the other smaller container I'd trim back the shrub and plant the same showy flowers as in the other container. Take a picture when your done but I'm sure whatever you do will look great!

• Debby Boyle

If there is no water in the fountain I would plant a vining plant. If there is water in it I would go get some water lily's and throw tem in there!

• Tracie Eaton-Meloy

for sure something that will cascade. Go native!!! Find out what some of your area native plants are and introduce them.