Renter Friendly Cabinet Makeover

One of the biggest challenges as a renter is making over cabinets with a temporary fix. Well, not anymore! With so many inexpensive options for removable wallpaper, contact paper, and washi tape, the possibilities are endless! See how I made over my kitchen cabinets (for the in less than 2 hours. Read the full post on my blog, Up to Date Interiors.
Here is what our rental kitchen looked like when we moved in. I loved how bright and airy it was but it needed a feature and how quirky and pretty would floral kitchen cabinets be?
To see the full post and more renter friendly DIYs for the kitchen please click on blog link.

Up to Date Interiors

• Janet

Where did you get the tile for the project and the back splash. We can find any like here

• Shawn

Hello! I have darker oak, beveled, kitchen cabinets. I would hesitate to use this type of DYI, any other suggestions? I thought the center of my cabinets, in the middle, would make a great upgrade area. Thanks! I will keep looking around your site!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

I’ll keep looking around. I thought Canvas drop cloth staple them like a canvas. Then stencil a pattern . Any thoughts on that ?

• Lucy Marie Bernier

I’d Love to change it up some. Would need permission, I know the answer would be NO. You can see that ugly brown on the left side.

Yep, they need help. I like to call it New Mexico mud brown

• Marie

I have read that you can use corn starch and hair spray to make cabinates white . I have not tried it because I thought how would I clean it. Maybe someone on here knows more about this. As a renter with the yellowish pine and very tired Formica counters.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

• Kevin
    15 hours ago

White formicia 1980s cabinets I hate so much!

I removed the upper doors and stapled blue plaid IKEA wrapping paper to the back wall "open shelf" look and looks MUCH better than the white doors.

The lower I used brown woodgrain contact paper that looks OK better than the white formicia blends in with a vinyl peel and press floor - my "cheap" kitchen redo and I like it, better than the white formica cabinets

Still have the fake butcher block counters I used a large piece of wood it may have been a cutting board or the top of an IKEA type thing put that on top of the ugly counter arranged some cool things, microwave, coffee maker, etc, on the wood look very nice - someday I think I will do a fake granite contact paper counter.