Debra D
Debra D
  • Palmyra, PA

Ready to see Black Velvet Petunias? Have you got any favorite black plants?

MaryMargaret HChris T
+6

Here's the previous post where we talked about black petunias. http://www.hometalk.com/171404/black-velvet-petunias
I added a couple pictures of my plants...can't wait til they grow! A few more black plants are here http://www.thebungalowblog.com/2012/05/garden-party-4-black-flowers.html
Come on over and join the garden party! :)
Planted with Black and Blue Salvia and Euphorbia.
Black and Blue Salvia, amazing!
Black and Blue Salvia, amazing!
  • Pam

I just inherited a black leafed elephant ear. Love the color. It's small now and hoping it survives. The freeze killed my last 2.

There is a hellebore named "Black Beauty" that is so dark purple that it is almost black.

• Miriam I

Ahh - I'm late to this. I have just the post for your garden party. I'm linking up tomorrow :)

• Bernice H

@Pam. and Douglas....do you have a picture? I dont think I have ever seen either one.These dark flowers and plants are so striking!

I don't Pam but if you do a Google image search you'll find it. You could plant it with black mondo grass (Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens' ), but that might be getting too "Addams Family."

• Terri J

Debra, we are definitely going to have to go shopping next year for some for me - we are about 45 min. apart, so I am enjoying the summer and fall, skipping winter, then it will be "shopping time!"

• Chris T

It is possible to also obtain black pansies although they are a cool season crop and grow well in more northern climates.

• Margaret H

I have black petunias with yellow in the middle.first time seeing them in our area.Beautiful

• Mary

Mayflower has them in Green Bay