Diane Howard
Diane Howard
  • Cordova, AL

Weeds

If you spray weeds with vinegar in the heat of the day it kills them!! They just die within the evening hours. Doesn't destroy our environment.
Ground cover will smother weeds out. Yea, no mowing needed. You have to watch it will smother out plants too so throw it on the bank or in the woods.
weeds, gardening

• What is the name of the ground coverage in this picture, please? I have this and love it! Thank you~!!

• Pai6361335

I have the Creeping Jenny and love it. But it's "creeped" everwhere. So how do I keep it where I need it and not let it take over? Prior owner used it under shrubs in a bed. Is is worth the fight to plant flowers in front of the bed? Or will it just eat them?

• Fiona

Could you pls explain your quote " You have to watch it will smother out plants too so throw it on the bank or in the woods".

• Arlene Reed

What is the name of this ground cover and how tall does it grow?
    • Barb

It looks like Scarlett Pimpernell to me. It grows wild here in Western Kentucky and is a tiny but lovely and delightful little bitty plant.

• Lloyd Stephens

Watercress

• David thome

is this a creeping jenny??

• Barb

• Mwh12068041

I say it’s creeping jenny

• Sophia

I use vinegar and put the nozzle up to the center or at the roots of a dandelion or other weed... except I can't reach the obnoxious weeds that are growing at the base of this madrone that is 12-15 feet across. I can reach in but not far enough to not also have some of the spray hit the madrone. I don't know what it is but it looks like Lilium Formosanum I hate it. About all I can do is pluck off the seed heads when I see them and turn around three times and they are back again.

• Char

Please stop calling native plants “weeds”. We have eliminated so many native species with plants we “like” better that bees have nothing to eat. They only like native plants. Like dandelions. Plant native species. They have deep roots take little to no water and attract birds and insects, such as bees and butterflies. The reason grass takes so much water and dies so easily is because the roots are so shallow.