Sherrie S
Sherrie S
  • Debary, FL

This is a lillie but what type of lillie

VickyStephanie corleyLibby O'Rourke
+33

This is the only lily that made it through the winter and is looking good. What type is this. I will fill the whole big bed with these flowers once I know what to buy.
one plant
one plant
close up
close up
  • Pat C

they look like orchids, they do grow out doors in Fl. I grow then in the house in Mo.

• Pam

It looks like a Stells De Oro daylilly.

• Angie G

Day Lily, yes.

• Sandra R

It's a Stella D. lilly. After they are done blooming cut the stems back, they should rebloom foe you.

• DONNA M

Stella Doro, and they multiply like crazy, no need to buy more, seperate at bottom and replant, beautiful as ever, I started out witha climp my dad gave me, and they have exploded all over my yard, i just keep thinning the originals and some of the others and re-planting!!

• Sherrie S

Pat C, they are lillies. Orchids do grow very well outside in Florida in a very shady area. Thank you Sandra R, Pam D & Donna M for the answer. I want to fill up the bed quickly so I will buy Stella Doro since it is the only plant that lived. All other lillies in the bed died.

• Lisa D

maybe a stella

• Sherrie S

Lisa D, yes it is a Stella Doro. It appears that this plant grows everywhere and is easy to grow. Thank you everyone who posted.

• Melissa K

Yep, Stella D'Oro, reblooming

• Sherrie S

Melissa K - Wow, this was so easy why didn't I know what that pretty flower was? I have so many pretty and important flowers & I just didn't care what they were called. Now I want to know and thank all of you for the answer.

• Gynarchy B

Day liillies. I have them in my sunny spot area. I am hoping they will grow beautifully. I love the color! They are bright and cheerful!

• Pam H

I have many lillies, I have the orange ones that line my drive way. I have found if I dead head them each day I get flowers through September. In Iowa, mine start to bloom the first part of July. I love them, they take no special care. Such an easy and beautiful flower.

• Carol C

Looks like Stella Doro. I have many and sometimes they bloom twice in the summer.

• Kathleen F

I think it is a daylily called "Many Happy Returns", one of the Stella d' oro cultivars. It's very hardy. Mine are at least 14 years old now.

• Melissa K

Stella D'Oro Daylily. Reblooms

• CONNIE W

Stella D'Oro. It is Happy Returns. Grows very quickly, reblooms if you cut back the stems, I have to keep them divided or they just take over.

• UpState

Happy Returns....'yellow-er' than Stellas.

• F P Spillers

It's a Stella D'Oro. They are also a darker orange gold color. And yes, they spread quickly. Just keep the grass pulled away. Very hardy.

• CDM

Stella D'Oro

• Marilynn Gillespie

Yes, I'd say it was a Stella D'oro. It is the lily that blooms for the longest period of time in your garden. They come back year after year and look beautiful!

• Carmie

We call them day Lilys.

• Libby O'Rourke

Yes they are "Daylillie's", and if you can put them where you want to leave them, they will multiply like crazy and are super georgeous when in multiple bunches. They just need a border of some kind to keep them from running out into the yard.

• Linda Phillips

Divide these Stella d'Ores every 3 yrs. by digging them up and chopping them into thirds with a shovel blade. Replant one third and use the rest in other places or share with a friend.I have them all around my house in the front border of my flowerbeds. My sister gave me my starts from her plants when we moved in 9 yrs. ago. I have given lots away when I divide them too. They will also grow well in pots. I have a few on my deck in pots. I love to use the flowers in bouquets. Each flower only last one day, but there are always clusters of buds on each stem and they will open even after picking.

• Renee Crosby Wicker

Hard to tell how large Lillie is but agree with the others. If Lillie is all larger maybe Happy Return

• UpState

A Stella d'Oro is a gold color, Happy Returns are a much brighter and lighter yellow.

• Deltamom

Stella D'Oro daylilies. Hardy. Drought tolerant when established. Smaller than regular daylilies but prolific repeat bloomers.

• Sharon

Looks like a lemon Lilly. A perennial daylight.

• Carmen Evans

Hi there, if it only lasts a day then it is the day Lilly species hence the name. They come in a variety of colours and are quite hardy.

• Helen Dunbar

This is a Stella De'or. I have lots of this lovely plant. Stella's are extra hardy and survive our West Virginia winters with flying colors. Helen

• Rch2544124

tuto nádhernou květinu mám v barvě této zářivě žluté,cihlové a hnědé-je žíhaná žlutou.

• Sue Kiene

they come in purple too, my favorite

• Libby O'Rourke

i'TS A day lily--

• Libby O'Rourke

Your welcome

• Stephanie corley

Day lilly: stella de ora

• Vicky

Stella d oro