Faux Batik and Tie Dye Patriotic Table Cloth

Using Elmer's Washable glue as a faux batik medium and a basic tie dye method I made this stars and stripes table cloth for the Fourth of July. The washable glue worked like a charm to seal the fabric from the dye, I was surprised, indeed.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Rubber banding the end sections kept the two patterns separate
Rubber banding the end sections kept the two patterns separate.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Using Elmer s washable glue and a DIY stencil I was able to make a star pattern across the fabric
Using Elmer's washable glue and a DIY stencil, I was able to make a star pattern across the fabric.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Running two lengths of star pattern down the center makes it attention grabbing
Running two lengths of star pattern down the center makes it attention grabbing.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Creating pre folded pleats with a hot iron will help with keeping the design pattern in line
Creating pre-folded pleats with a hot iron will help with keeping the design pattern in line.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Create the pattern by applying the washable glue over a diy template and letting it dry completely
Create the pattern by applying the washable glue over a diy template and letting it dry completely.
faux batik and tie dye patriotic table cloth, crafts, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor, Accordion fold and tie off with rubber bands and it is ready to be dyed
Accordion fold and tie off with rubber bands and it is ready to be dyed.
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU