Faux Batik and Tie Dye Patriotic Table Cloth

Using Elmer's Washable glue as a faux batik medium and a basic tie dye method I made this stars and stripes table cloth for the Fourth of July. The washable glue worked like a charm to seal the fabric from the dye, I was surprised, indeed.
Rubber banding the end sections kept the two patterns separate.
Using Elmer's washable glue and a DIY stencil, I was able to make a star pattern across the fabric.
Running two lengths of star pattern down the center makes it attention grabbing.
Creating pre-folded pleats with a hot iron will help with keeping the design pattern in line.
Create the pattern by applying the washable glue over a diy template and letting it dry completely.
Accordion fold and tie off with rubber bands and it is ready to be dyed.
Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Doris Walker

Wow! I hope I'll be brave enough to try this... :)

• @Doris Walker I'm sooo sorry for the delayed response. But you can do this, it's really not too hard. Try it on a T-Shirt it will take way less time, and it will help you get the hang of it. Good luck Doris and thank you :-) Amy

• Edn1897440

Add to this post...I could cry. It is so beautil. You are very kind to post your creation.