Whitewash Faux Silverleaf Endtable

I have a small covered patio that I have done absolutely nothing since moving in 1 1/2 years ago. I want the patio to look like the rooms that you see in magazines or those diy shows. The table is an oversized endtable which will be perfect as my coffee table outside. I wanted the table to look like an old antique silverleafed table that had barely any silver still on it.
The $15 thrift store table. It has a funny finish, not veneer but it kinda feels like plastic. It is chipped, dented and very worn.
I lightly sanded it with a sanding block. I applied paint with a brush, then wiped it off with a rag. This is the first two layers. This is a pretty whitewashed shabby chic​ or beachy look, but not the look that I wanted.
This is the stopping point, I am not sure exactly how many layers maybe 5. I just kept painting and wiping until it was what I wanted.
You can see that it is still a worn off paint look.
I let the table dry overnight, just to be safe. I put the tacky glue on with a small paintbrush. I concentrated on the carved in areas, then I applied the silver leaf sheets. I pushed the silver leafing in a little with another paintbrush. I let the leafing dry for about 15 minutes, then came back with the dry paintbrush to brush away any loose leafing.
This is the bottom and sides of the legs, just a touch of leafing here and there.
Another view. Both of my parents hate that I am going to put in on the covered patio. I am going to spray a light layer of satin polyurethane on it, or maybe not they will never know.

• White latex paint  (Leftover paint from my sister)
  • SilverLeaf sheets  ($2 silverleaf sheets from ebay)
  • Tacky Glue in the craft section  (Walmart, I think it was $3)