Teri
Teri
  • Bellingham, WA

Styrofoam Heads Garden Pots-Cute and Unique

These are so fun to make and very cute in the garden. First you find yourself a styrofoam head that you use for wigs to sit on. I usually pick mine up at garage sales or 2nd hand stores. I don't pay mote than $3.00 for one.
styrofoam heads garden pots cute and unique, container gardening, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Do a little surgery by cutting off the top of the head and then carve out a hole large enough to plant a groundcover in.
Next spray paint the face and hand paint the eyes and lips. Add your own personal touch with costume jewelry.
They are so cute you can even start naming your family. This young lady looks like a Miss Daisy.
You can add a stake and give your buddy a home.

• Styrofoam heads
  • Costume jewellery

• Kip3217449

Where do you get the Styrofoam heads?

• Vicki

hi there they are looking great-wot paint do you use as it looks like a spray but if enamel based will eat into polystroyn..here one i did but ca only use indoor..

• Teri

Vicki it is that time of year again where I start making my people heads. I use regular spray paint on them. The trick is a many lite coats so it doesn't eat away the polystyrene. Have fun!

• Toye

Do you treat them with something so they stand up to the weather?

• Kathy alfke

I love these so much. Years ago, I tried to spray paint a styrofoam head and it caved in. I bet it has to be a different paint than the cheap kind from dollar tree.

• Butterfly

WOW! WOW! WOW!

I am absolutely doing this TODAY! This is one of the best ideas I've seen to jazz up my garden.