Patriotic Glass Gem Coasters

I love coasters. It's an addiction I freely admit. I love making them with tile, cork, wood rounds, even concrete. I'm excited that I've found another new medium to make more coasters with and I decided that I needed some fun Patriotic coasters for the upcoming 4th of July BBQs and celebrations!
While there is significant dry and cure times for these coasters the actual busy work only takes 10-15 minutes. It's super simple!
You need large flat glass gems (I find mine at the dollar store usually but if your dollar store doesn't have them you can order them online) 3D gloss enamel paint, E6000 glue and felt (optional)
I used gloss enamel paint (affiliate) to cover the flat side of my glass stones. I used red, white and blue but you could really use any color you wanted. You could even leave them just clear. I like the gloss enamel paint because it can be baked on for a permanent, washable finish.
I used E6000 glue (affiliate) to hold the pebbles together. It dries clear, and has a good grip on the glass pebbles. Once it's fully cured it's hard as a rock and I've not yet had any coasters break apart! A little dot of glue between each pebble all the way around. I let my coasters cure on a silicone baking mat because the glue won't stick to it when it's dry and you can just lift the coasters right off.
You can glue matching felt to the bottom of the coasters if you want more protection for the table surface. I opted to leave mine plain. You could also stick small felt pads to them as well. The smooth glass pebbles have been just fine on my surfaces however and I like that the glass is opaque this way.
Check out the blog link below for more information and pictures.

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Sally

How long do you bake the glass and can it be with glue on it?

• Crystal McKinley

Yes she does bake them or at least she implied as much in the instructions above.

“You could even leave them just clear. I like the gloss enamel paint because it can be baked on for a permanent, washable finish.”

• Terry Martell

How do edges look silver

• Robinbenfer

Will E6000 flue work on meta to metal. I want to glue pennies to a metal tray. Robin

• Karen Loske

So cute and simple, love them. Never thought of painting the marbles, great idea. They always have the clear ones, just never the colors I'm looking for.

• Em

1st they make colored glass blobs you do not have to paint them. 2nd they do not look very safe and I can easily see glasses falling off of them if not centered each time. 3rd they provide little protection of any kind from glasses sweating and dripping. They look cute but unless you put them inside of something like a jar lid I don't see the practicality of them. A jar lid with them glued inside would provide a little more stability and drip catching.