Dianna Jensen
Dianna Jensen
  • Grand Junction, CO

From a Freebie..to a Newbie

$50.00

I tried to use up old cans of spray paint but it looked awful after 4 cans so off to the store I went. I wanted something bright and cheery since my husband discouraged me from planting flowers next to the garage. It makes me smile now.
Scored a free shelf from a neighbors garage sale.
FREEBIE!!
FREEBIE!!
My husband used some long screws to attach the stacked shelves together to make them sturdy once again.
Repurposed paint...Nope
Repurposed paint...Nope
I tried to paint with all of my left over spray paints that I had from other projects but it just didn't do anything for me. (My hand is still sore from spraying 4 cans of paint and my fingers were a mess!)
Headed for some color
Headed for some color
A quick trip to Home Depot to find some enamel Rust Oleum bright paint. Yellow, Purple, New Fuchsia. Decided to buy some bright flowers that would be heat tolerant. (Marigolds, pincushion, cornflower that I had existing in my garden, geranium & petunia's . (Two hours later.....)
From Freeie to Newbie!!
From Freeie to Newbie!!
I started painting with Purple but decided that I wanted the bench multi color so I had to paint over the top shelf with Yellow. It's not perfect, I've missed some spots but it's a work in progress and I'm sure I'll keep adding to it as time goes on. I just added a few galvanized things I had around the house to add some rustic touches to match the rest of my garden.

• Bright enamel spray paint, (Rust Oleum)plants, bright pots  (Home Depot)
  • Bright colored heat tolerant flowers  (Home Depot)
  • Colored pots  (Home Depot)

• Gayle

That's so cute. As it fades and gets weathered, it will get even better. How about painted old pots? The possibilities are endless. Great colors makes me smile.

• Dianna Jensen

Yes Gayle, that was my thought too. I'm excited about it fading and weathering. However, it was enamel paint so I'm not sure it will happen very fast like latex paint would have.

• Carolyn

Nice - bright and cheerful. Can add bird houses, garden decor even if no plants. Great storage and great for display either.

• Dianna Jensen

How did you know that I have bird houses all over the place? I thought about adding a few to the bench also. Great gardener's think alike!! Thanks Carolyn for your idea.