Christina Meyer
Christina Meyer
  • Boca Raton, FL

Best Natural Stone & Tile Cleaning Products

CarolIpsitaroyBestonlinedeals
+6

Hey Everyone! I'm new here and am looking for the best way to care for Natural Stone and Tile in my home. First, for an intense clean, and second for daily upkeep.
1. What are the best cleaning products out there?
2. What are the worse products to avoid?
3. What are your maintenance tips?
4. What's your worst nightmare in caring for your natural stone and tile installations? Any horror stories, things I should definitely NOT do?
5. Are there any environmentally friendly cleaning products you have found to work well?
Thanks!!
q best natural stone tile cleaning products, cleaning tips, tiling
Caring for that tile in the shower is a real headache, but I just love the look
  • Kimberly A

As a fairly new "home talker" as well, I actually look forward to other comments on this. However, I do have natural stone in nearly every room in my house that we either installed ourselves or had installed in the case of the large granite counter tops in various areas. Therefore I have some experience with the constant need to clean it properly. For the easy wipe downs I like pledge multi surface cleaner, but I use a sponge with the scrubby back and then wipe it down with a towel afterward. For deeper cleaning, especially in your shower where there are grout lines (I have slate tiles in my shower so I get it) use good old vinegar and baking soda. Let it have its nice chemical reaction and then scrub away. I typically just need to use the vinegar with a scrubby sponge or the pledge on my granite counter tops but as long as you don't have the mixture of baking soda and vinegar where it is too rough then that will work for deeper cleaning. I have both light and dark stone in various parts to include granite, marble, and slate and these are the items I use on them all. None of the items I listed for cleaning are expensive and make quick work of the job. Good luck!

• Grout Shield Distributors

Hello Christina to clean the natural stone use a tile and grout cleaner like the one we have and then you can clear seal it.We also have that too check out this video http://youtu.be/iOzJrp8cBkI

• Betty smith

I fill a spray bottle with a mixture of about 1/3 to 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol, one drop of Dawn dish soap, and fill the rest with water. It works great, we use it every day, very economical, and best of all, no chemicals left where I prepare foods.

• KMS Woodworks

Fancy expensive specialty cleaners are a waste of money. Warm water with a few drops of dish soap are all I ever use. We have about 500 sq feet of granite tile on our main level with another 60 or so of travertine in the master bath. The grout should be sealed to help with keeping that part clean. But water works great. Cleaning residues actually make the tile look worse. ( We have about 75 feet of black granite in the living room, and this really shows dirt. clear water leaves no streaks.) Vinegar should never be used on natural stone (especially marble or trav) the acid will etch the limestone component.

• Gabriele Gross

KMS, I had tile and granite for 30years, and water and literally a drop of soap is ALL I use. For the floors I use my shark (steam only).

• Bestonlinedeals

i use soapy warm water then rinse it off and squeegee to keep it dry completely. Vinegar or lemon juice is also good to maintain its shine.

• Ipsitaroy

You can also search Tile Cleaning Products in Google.Natural stones are really best for your house, because it’s beautiful, easy maintenance, affordable as well. One more benefit of natural stone is, it enhances the beauty of your home. Recently I bought some antique peace of rainbow Sandstones for my house flooring from an Indian stone exporter “AAStoneImpex”.

• Carol

I have been told to NEVER EVER use vinegar or lemon juice on my stone..do not take a chance unless you get the OK from you installer