Making a Trumeau Mirror from an Old Door

I found this old door at a thrift store, and thought it might make a great mirror.
I found this old door for $2.50 at a thrift store. I turned it upside down and made the bottom the top.
I used citrus paint remover to strip the paint. Then I sanded it well.
I added some trim and some appliques. Construction adhesive kept most of it in place, clamps and tape kept the trim from moving around. I also had to fill the holes where the door handle was, using wood plugs and filler.
Then I painted the frame. I used left over latex house paint in gray, with a white wash on top.
This can of magic turns regular glass into a mirror. I found mine at Mr. Arts. I used 5 cans. If you let each coat dry completely before adding another one, it turns out much better. Be sure to wear a mask.
And that was it! This took about 5 days to complete, since I just worked on it a few hours a day. Stripping the paint took the most time, but if you find a door with a nice surface, you could skip that step.
The whole project cost about $65, including the door. I used a lot of scraps of trim and moulding we already had.
If you can miter corners, you can do this!
A lot of impact for not a lot of money!

• Smc2409141

I have an old (antique) mirror that needs resilvered do you think this paint would work for that? If it would work, would I need to remove the old silver first?