DIY Shutter Table

$5.00

I just love old shutters! The DIY possibilities are endless, but with this particular shutter I created a shabby chic table. This is just a little table that would look great on a patio, or in a smaller living room. I had a lot of fun making this piece,so I thought I would share with all of you!
I found this old shutter by the side of the road, just waiting to be picked up! The legs I had removed from an old coffee table that I repurposed into something else. (I knew I saved those legs for a reason!)
Step 1: Gave this beauty of a shutter a good dusting and a fresh coat of white paint
Step 2: Since the legs were a dark wood color, I painted them with a flat white paint as a base coat.
Step 3: For the legs, I wanted a slight color change from the shutter top. I found this beautiful blush pink color in a chalked spray paint… I LOVE IT!
I spray painted the legs. (It is hard to see the blush pink shade in the photo, but it is gorgeous!)
Step 4: To attach the legs to the shutter I used L brackets and screws.
Once all four legs were screwed on, I was done!
I love this little beauty! Let me know what you think!!

Holly Grace

• Libby Jones

Love this post! Too beautiful! Where did you find that gorgeous color? I have looked everywhere for a color just a little lighter than ballet slipper by krylon and haven't been able to find it! That looks perfect! And...luckily I already have the shutters and legs! Just need that paint!

• JoAnn Green

Love it. I have old legs from our old farm and I have 2 shutters. All I have to get is paint. I just have to go to my basement store!!! I have several new cans of paint!!! See. It is worth being a border!!! ha ha

• Elaine

Very nice - I'm a shutter lover!! Do you find things wobble a bit? I think I would top the table with a piece of glass so the top is even.

• Holly Grace

It does have a little wobble to it, but it is on the smaller side. I just use it as a little decor piece on my front porch :)

• Jeri Walker

I did not know they made a spray on chalk paint, your table legs look shinny, did you put a finish paint on the legs after you used the spray on chalk paint???

• Bmrgrrl

Walmart and Fred Meyer carry a lot of colors in Chalk paint spray. Michaels and JoAnnes also carry it.

They go on sale from time to time and you can use coupons at Michaels.