Nancy Bode
Nancy Bode
  • Atkins, IA

FoodSaver Lid Attachment FAIL!!

Nancy BodePam Kaiser

I am trying to seal jars with a FoodSaver Lid Attachment. The attachment seems to work OK on newer clear glass jars, but older blue glass jars, and all 2 quart jars will NOT seal using this technique. I've tried every tip I could find: I heated the lids, used two lids stacked on top of each other, wiped the jar rim, put a coffee filter in the top of the jar for powdery stuff, but nothing works. The only method I've found that will seal an old blue or a 2 quart jar is to put a coffee filter around the top, secure it with a rubber band, put the whole kit and kaboodle in a very large bag and seal the jar in the bag. I have to cut bags to length from rolls, and it takes ALOT of rolls to seal 2 quart jars! Any suggestions as to how to get my blue jars, and my 2 quart jars, to seal with a FoodSaver Lid Attachment? Thanks!
  • Pam Kaiser

it may have something to do with the thickness of the glass. older jars are probably a little thicker than newer ones.

• Nancy Bode

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.