Southern Trillium LLC
Southern Trillium LLC
  • Stone Mountain, GA

Transformation of the backyard for bird lovers

We had the pleasure of working with a wonderful couple in transforming their backyard. The lady found us here on Hometalk. As you will see in the before photos, the existing yard gave us the opportunity to start with a clean slate and remove all grass from the backyard.
Since they both love their birds, several goals of the project were to further incorporate the wildlife activity in their garden. The
Looking across the newly installed backyard area with the bird feeders serving as the focal point in their garden.  Informal dry stack fieldstone walls create new terrace levels.  We then used a combination of flagstone and several types of groundcovers to create movement and interest through the entire space.
Looking across the newly installed backyard area with the bird feeders serving as the focal point in their garden. Informal dry stack fieldstone walls create new terrace levels. We then used a combination of flagstone and several types of groundcovers to create movement and interest through the entire space.
Before view across the backyard.
Before view across the backyard.
Before view of the sitting area and pondless water feature location.
The newly installed sitting area with the pondless water feature.
A closer look at the stream and bridge stone.
A different view of the stream running along the sitting area.

• Connie Sue K

I wish I lived near Southern Trillium. I would have them do a similar job in my yard! This is absolutely beautiful! Very expert work and great design!

• Michelle W

Water features are an art and difficult to get correct. So many people use mixed up boulders and rocks that would never be found together and a path or pattern that is not natural. This however, is a job well done. I am sure the homeowners as well as the wildlife are happy as can be. Congratulations, it looks beautiful!