Turn an Inexpensive Wire Basket Into a Gorgeous DIY Table

$20

Anytime I can create a quick, easy and unique piece of furniture, I'm all in! It's amazing what a garden stool (or wire basket), a round pine board, some paint and screws will make. I'm so happy with how this cute little table came out. For now, I'm using it inside my living room as part of my decor (and for my son to use as a standing play table), but I plan to also use it outdoors when my husband and I entertain this summer. It's perfect for added table space to hold napkins, silverware and other entertaining items--or to hold our herb planters and flowers. The uses for this versatile table are endless!
This project was so easy and quick; however, in true "Courtney fashion", I went from a simplistic vision to complicated, then back to simplistic. I started out trying to use Unicorn Spit for my paint medium on my table top, but I didn't like the way it turned out so I started over and resorted to spray paint (my favorite paint medium). I definitely want to try Unicorn Spit on another project in the future so I can't wait to figure it out and share because it's a really cool art medium. As far as your table stand, you can use any wire trash can that has a flat bottom. If you find something at a yard sale or thrift store and it needs a facelift, simply spray it with Rustoleum spray paint. In my case, I found this Chinese garden stackable stool at my local Family Dollar for $15 and I loved the finish so I didn't touch it. STEP 1: Paint table top (no photo) In the chaos of switching paint medium, I totally forgot to snap a shot of me painting my table top. With this step, the sky is the limit! You can stain, glaze, spray, or paint your table top with acrylic paint and a brush. If you decide to spray paint your table top like I did and you want it to remain outdoors, I would suggest sealing it with something like a spray top coat so that the paint stands against the elements. I ultimately moved my table indoors which is why you won't see me sealing mine in this tutorial.
STEP 2: Drill holes Drill four (4) starter holes on the bottom of your wire basket.

STEP 3: Attach table top Next, you'll want to center your basket on the bottom of your finished table top and attach it by drilling screws using your starter holes from the previous step. It was a little cumbersome working from the inside of the wire basket, but I made it work--in hindsight, I would have drilled my starter holes further out instead of so close to the middle of the stool/basket.
I'm in love with this table! The table top really made the pops of gold in the wire basket stand out which made for a classy little table, if I do say so myself.
Finally, marvel at your cute little table! It's perfect for displaying your tiki torches, herb planters, or even holding a Welcome sign by your front door. If you want to keep your table inside, it can be used to display framed photos, trinkets, or as a couch end table.

• Chinese garden stackable stool  (Family Dollar)
  • Round pine table top  (Home Depot)
  • Spray paint  (Home Depot)

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Mary Carlson

Super cute! Love it! Thank you for sharing!!!! :)
  • Karen Chan Seet

I have a small lazy Susan that one day can be used as the "table top". I somehow will nail the base to the basket bottom and have a turntable top!

• Donna Burrows

Use screws, make pilot holes in the bottom if your Lazy Susan and screw it to the bottom of the basket! What a super idea!