Living Rich on Less - Susan
Living Rich on Less - Susan
  • Huntingdon, PA

My $7 Total Closet Makeover

$7

Yard sale season is in full swing and I just scored a brand new closet organizing system for $7. Check out the post for all the before and after pics (plus a closet organizing tip I swear by).
Here's the kid's closet before.
Here's the kid's closet before.
Here's the after with the $7 system installed.
I added some cute labels using scrapbook paper, my printer and a glue stick.
Keeping an "Outgrown" helps make sorting clothes efficient.

Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Ruth Moon

The best advice I got was from my daughter-in-law. To get started, take everything out of the room you're working on; then put back only what you will use. That kept me from being overwhelmed with decluttering and deep cleaning closets.

• Pauline Dempsey

Hello, my wife passed away gave 10 bags of clothes and a box of toiletries. I lost 60lbs. my closet drawers to much. I am donating it to the women’s Shelter. Started to split my clothes keep, give, donate, garbage. I have to bedrooms. So to closets with shelves and a big hanging part. Do I hang my clothes. Then my sheets bedding. I am so overwhelmed need help. I bought bins at the $ store sturdy ones. Oh god bring me help. Then I am in Chronic Pain 24/7 but just do it and pace myself. Need help please Thank you

• Carrie Dye Sedmaklavich
      31 minutes ago

I am so very sorry to hear of all your struggling, it truly broke my heart as I read your comment pleading for any help possible with your problem. I felt that, maybe if no one whom you know nor any of your family members can help you with simple organizing of your home, I could give you some ideas on where to find people who might be willing to help or who could possibly point you in the right direction at the very least. If you attend church that is a great place to look for community support for home improvement projects for people who cannot do them themselves. Ask your Pastor if there are any programs that are directed toward those kind of things. if you do not attend church, try looking up your community or cities website & searching in the search bar (search bar is usually located near the top of the

"Home" page=first page you land on) for community outreach programs or 'disabled persons general community assistance ' groups. These should also be searched for on the Facebook Website as well. Just be sure you are including what city you are located in so you don't get information pertaining to the wrong community & that you find organizations that are available to you where you live. Well I hope that this information finds you & finds you well & in time to do some bit of good, I wish you the best of luck and pray that everything gets better from here on out & you get the support & assistance you sound like you really do need. God Bless & Best Wishes to you.